I started the Joyride adventure determined to give back as much as possible to the groups who are leading the charge toward a more livable, bikeable, walkable, sustainable future. Thanks to all of you, at both a national and local level. In the end, I was able to give back close to 100% of the Joyride proceeds to the following groups:
- Alliance for Bicycling and Walking
- League of American Bicyclists
- Association for Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals
- National Safe Routes to School Partnership
- Initiative for Bicycle and Pedestrian Innovation at Portland State University
- Oregon Bicycle Transportation Alliance
- Portland’s Willamette Pedestrian Coalition
- Abernethy Elementary and Hosford Middle Schools (my kids’ schools)
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
- Portland’s Community Cycling Center
I only wish it could have been more for each group. Thanks to everyone who bought a copy of Joyride and especially to those who shared comments, feedback, and your own stories. Keep them coming! You can always reach me at email@example.com.
Happy 2011 everyone – I hope to see you at a future Joyride event!