- Leading the Way with University Non-Motorized Education – Five Years of Learning, Teaching, Research, and Results
- Why I Support Charlie Hales for Mayor
- Bikes the cause of PBOT’s funding problems? NOT!!!!
- 50 Keys to Inspiring People and Transforming Communities, One Pedal Stroke at a Time, Joyride Tour Wrap-Up
- University Campuses: Mini-Towns, Max-Potential
Subscribe to our RSS feed
- Mia Birk on Bikes the cause of PBOT’s funding problems? NOT!!!!
- Timo on Bikes the cause of PBOT’s funding problems? NOT!!!!
- Sharrows seriously relegated in the Delaware MUTCD | Bike Delaware on FYI: Four Solid Uses for Sharrows!
- Karen Voyer-Caravona on In my mind, I’m still in Carolina
- David Petersen on Face the Fear
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Recently, I was preparing to give a speech in Eugene, Oregon, when a woman came up to me and launched into a diatribe. “Are you going to address blinkie lights? Because I grew up in the Netherlands where every bike has … Continue reading
You’re a city public works department committed to integrating bicycling into your transportation system. You know you need a comprehensive bikeway system, and you’ve also heard about bike sharing systems like Vélib in Paris, Bixi in Montréal, Nice Ride in … Continue reading
People often ask me: what type of bikeway facility should we start with? Off-street paths? Cycle tracks, aka protected/separated bike lanes? Traditional bike lanes? Bike boulevards, aka neighborhood greenways? Shared lane markings? Together, these form a toolkit of solutions that … Continue reading